The open call is closed. Further details
about the next open call will be announced soon.
We are looking for curators who:
- are working and living outside Romania;
- are showing consistent curatorial practice;
- manifest a genuine interest in the local art scene
(a practical reason for the residency – ex. research for a confirmed future project – will be taken into account);
- are willing to engage with the local audience through a public event (ex. presentation or workshop);
- a residency based on a combination of structured & free time, tailored to each resident’s interests;
- accommodation for the whole duration of the residency (tipically up to 14 days)*;
- round-trip airfare to Bucharest;
- opportunity to host a public event (such as presentation or workshop) with one of our partner organizations: Salonul de Proiecte
A net fee of €330 will be granted for hosting such an event, also to be used as per diem;
- accommodation & travel expenses to other cities in Romania which have a strong art community
(ex. Cluj, Iași, Timișoara)**.
*as the accommodation is not set in a single location, the arrangements will be made on an individual basis.
** depending on the available time of the curator, as the focus of the residency is Bucharest